Semester soon over!

Last time when I wrote about what I occupy myself with at the university I wrote about a wind farm planning project. That actually went really well, I produced some good results and my presentation was well recieved. I don’t have any images of that on this PC though. But I kinda need to get that backuped. It will be some kind of a portfolio for my future. I guess. Anyway. Time passed, four smaller projects later and another bigger project was on the agenda. This time it was an exploratory project regarding LiDAR and how to visualize and quantify this type of data.

So. Yeah well. I was sick some of the days, it got really stressful and I didn’t do as much as I wanted. I did manage to produce some results though buuuuut I am not that proud of it. This is some of it at least. A very basic location map, a density model, a 3D representation of canopy density and a elevation/vegetation profile.

Happy GISing!

I’m not going to explain anything more. Good night! ~~ 😀

Wind farm planning project: on its way!

I’m actually really bad with creating models or flowcharts like this. This actually took me all day. And I can confidently, without doubt say, that I am totally OK with it!. This flowchart pretty much sums up everything I’ve been doing for the last two weeks.

Tomorrow is the day when I have to create the presentation and find a way to visualize all my data. But… that is something for tomorrow-me to worry about.

Wind Power Model

Problems problems problems (GIS) and happy Back to the future day!

Well, at least we are not talking about my physical or mental health, although we might soon be…

Today we did stuff from 9-21, serious business is serious, but I was greeted with new shirts in my mailbox when I finally got home.

Two of these bad boys landed safely outside my apartment, one yellow and one red.
(Pretty weird that the yellow is made in America and the other one in Pakistan though)

One of the issues today at the lab was (not going to explain it further :D): trying to get this

but only getting this 😦

Fixed that after 4 hours of scouring through aaall of the internet. But finally managed to scramble some bits and pieces together to solve my specific issue, which by the way wasn’t explained well at all by the developers of the software even if it is a known issue. Another issue arised after this though, that one is being solved (hopefully) tonight because I left the computer on to do some calculations which might fix the problem! Let us hope!

Also, I’m hungry all the time


See you! ~~